The Suffering of Working Moms


Summer break is over. Yay! Now Mom doesn't have so many challenges with kids under foot. Ha! Now it's two or more school schedules. Someone forgot their lunch! Soccer and Scouts. PTA … when can I squeeze in my YOGA class?

Praise the gods that so much is delivered to the door. Groceries can be ordered on-line. School clothes are bought from and delivered to home. Prescriptions come in the mail. My Masters program is on-line.

Oh, shoots! I need tires before the rain comes! Great! Find a place with reasonable prices, make an inconvenient appointment, sit and WAIT for twice as long as expected, in a grubby waiting room, in the middle of the day!

Oh! I remember a friend at work told me about a mobile tire shop in Sacramento she called that CAME TO THE OFFICE, and replaced her tires while she worked! Right there in the parking lot! Oh, great, I still have their business card! Whew! I can get a break here after all.

Yay! They can come on Tuesday. I need to be in the office all morning for meetings and this works out perfectly. I tell you, this mobile economy, like Premier Mobile Tire, is really a godsend for working moms!

My class work is so heavy these days, I hardly get a chance to even see my husband. I am grateful he is supportive. (He should be – I helped HIM get through school!) Now the challenge is finding time for some simple pleasures.

Darn! I forgot to order groceries for dinner tonight. Oh, well, I liked the Chinese that was delivered last week, and so did the kids. Where is that number again? Oh, yes, on the bulletin board. I think I should post that tire service card on the staff bulletin board, too.

No comments

Back to Top